The history of the MG TF

   

The MG T series of cars (including the TA, TB, TC, TD, and TF) was a basic body-on-frame convertible sports car produced from 1936 through to 1955. It was replaced by the MGA.
MG TF 
Production 1953-1955
9600 made
Body style(s) 2-door roadster
Engine(s) 1250 cc XPAG type I4, 1466 cc XPEG type I4
Length 147 inches (3734 mm)
Width 59 inches (1500 mm)
Height 52.5 in (1334 mm)
Fuel capacity 12.0 imp gal (55 L; 14 US gal)
The TF was essentially a stop-gap car to keep production going until the new MGA could be approved for production by the BMC hierarchy which did not want a car that would compete with the newly-announced Austin-Healey. The TF launched in 1953 was a facelifted TD, fitted with the TD Mark II engine, a sloping radiator grille and the headlights in the wings. The external radiator cap was now a dummy as a pressurised cooling system was fitted to better cope with hot climates.
In 1954 the engine was re-designated XPEG and enlarged to 1466 cc by increasing the bore to 72 mm giving 63 bhp (47 kW) at 5,000 rpm and the car was designated the "TF1500".
Production ended on 4th April 1955 after 9602 TFs were made, including two prototypes and 3400 TF1500s. The TF was superseded by the MGA.
The TF name was reused in 2002 on the mid-engined MG TF sports car.

MG for sale

   
MG TF
2009 Essex
GBP15,995
Trade sale Views: 4519
MG TF
2003 Kent
GBP5,100
Private sale Views: 3796
MG TF
2002 Torfaen
GBP2,295
Private sale Views: 3208
MG TF (REPLICA)
1990 Essex
GBP4,750
Trade sale Views: 3457
MG TF
2006 Cambridgeshire
GBP7,995
Trade sale Views: 119
MG TF 1250
1954 North Yorkshire
GBP24,995
Trade sale Views: 3592